Saturday 14 January 2012

Forces Film of the Week – The Social Network Review

As a religious ‘Facebooker’ I was very interested to see the story behind the site. Now just to kick things off I am a massive Jesse Eisenberg (Zombieland, 2009) fan, so when I found out about his involvement I was confident that I would be going to see a well-acted movie at the least, not only is The Social Network well-acted, its well-directed, well-written and well-made. An accomplished film by all accounts. I was ultimately surprised at how engaging the narrative was, I mean a story about an unsociable, unlikeable geek hiding away in his bedroom making a website doesn’t really sound thrilling but the sub-plots, the undertones, the witty script just make it a quite brilliant piece of work. Now I won’t ramble on too long but it is really worth it, if you are interested in Facebook or the alienation of adolescence or strapping young rowers with German surnames (I think that covers everyone) then watch it.  It won academy awards and deservedly so and has a quite brilliant set of performances, certainly one of the best movies of 2010 and it really did have competition. BFBS 1 (Friday 20/01/2012 19:00 UK time)  

No comments:

Post a Comment